Recent Blogs Posts

1. Modding a BOSS CS-3 Compression/Sustainer

Here we go again. This time with a BOSS pedal I rescued from the sands of time...
    This was a beat-to-death CS-3 Compression/Sustainer. It suffered mostly from cosmetic damage, but a lot of what was wrong was due to neglect. It didn't 'look' too bad but when I opened it up it was obvious that someone took this thing, tried it and then threw it in a box somewhere and forgot it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0126.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	124.4 KB 
ID:	802

As you can see, it is a little beat on the outside, but ...

Updated 07-24-2020 at 09:27 AM by Micky

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. BOSS OS-2 Modifications

Gonna mod this pedal, it is kinda noisy and harsh

First a little extraneous info. My little pedalboard is a BOSS BCB-30 (I think...) and it has room for only 3 boss pedals (or pedals that size/form like Digi-Tech or possibly a TS or similar) and maybe a power supply. I use this small, portable unit in the living room upstairs with my smaller tube amps. I have a tweed Champ ...

Updated 01-31-2020 at 06:14 AM by Micky

Tags: boss, fromel, mods, os-2 Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. For The Need Of A 680R... (Dirty Deluxe Build cont.)

So this was not a kit amplifier, just a build from parts.
    I thought I had everything I needed, but as time goes on I am realizing this is not the case. If all goes as it has so far, I imagine there will be more that I need to order.

In this most recent case I had everything I needed except a simple 680R resistor. Now that I have everything I need for the turretboard I took a bit of time and got it all populated. Here is a photo of everything so far:

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Dirty Deluxe Build Continued...

So after being on hold for a number of reasons, this build is starting to move along again. It really is kinda nice to be able to take my time and go at a pace that may seem painfully slow to many but still remains manageable for me.

So I asked my wife to clear off some space on her craft table so that I could finish up this build undisturbed in a spot other than the kitchen table. She hammed and hawed a bit and then finally surrendered her cherished she-shed. I set up a long power ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Micky's Goldface Dirty Deluxe Build

Well, just in order to prove to myself that I can actually do it, I have decided to build a Dirty Deluxe.
    In traditional fashion, it has to be different than everyone else's. Instead of a JTM45 chassis and 50W headbox, I have chosen a Fender Deluxe Reverb chassis, and a blond Fender headbox to house the monster in.

Preliminary research leads me to believe the chassis should be plenty large enough, although the control knob layout may need to be modified. The reasoning for the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast